We are excited about this year’s stewardship theme 2021: The Next Thing. The prophet Isaiah reminds us that God never leaves us where we are, but instead God is always about to act in new ways in our lives: “I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?” (Isaiah 43:19a NRSV)
Your elected congregation leaders (church council) met in retreat in early January to chart goals for the year ahead. Not only will your increase in giving sustain existing ministries we are excited about, but it will help fund new opportunities for ministry including:
- Prioritizing our online ministry efforts as highly as we do our in-person ministry efforts in terms of staffing responsibilities, discipleship content, and relationship development
- Calling an associate pastor as Pastor Frank retires
- Expanding our Adult Education and Life Group opportunities
- Providing more in-person fellowship gatherings in a safe way as isolation continues for many during Covid precautions
- Launching a capital campaign to build an effective operations and communications center for the 21st Century
Please join us in participating in the Next Thing(s) to which God is inviting us!